At North Eastern Surgery, consultation fees are payable on the day of the appointment.
Private health insurance companies do not pay for consultations. There are Medicare rebates available with a valid doctor’s referral but these do not generally cover the whole cost of the consultation. Medicare rebates are processed electronically.
There are discounted fees for aged pensioners.
- Initial consultation – $220 (Medicare rebate $78.05)
- Review consultation – $125 (Medicare rebate $39.25)
- Outpatient procedure – $200
- Initial consultation – $175 (Medicare rebate $78.05)
- Review consultation – $100 (Medicare rebate $39.25)
Inpatient Services – Surgery
There is no fee for any elective or emergency operation performed in a public hospital.
Patients with private health insurance who choose to undergo elective surgery in a private hospital may need to pay a “gap” of up to $500 depending on the procedure, their insurer and level of cover. This “gap” arises when Medicare and private health insurance companies do not cover the full cost of a procedure. The is NO “gap” for endoscopy (i.e. gastroscopy, colonoscopy).
All post-operative consultations are free.